- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Shortcuts on iOS and iPadOS 14 is getting some great upgrades to make automations better than ever. Arriving with the latest software is new trigger and automation functionality, Shortcuts landing on Apple Watch with watchOS 7, Shortcuts folders, and more.
Apple shared all of the updates to the Shortcuts app in the 12-minute WWDC talk “What’s new in SiriKit and Shortcuts” today as well as how to design for the new compact Siri UI.
Get a quick overview of everything new in Siri and Shortcuts to help people get more out of your app: We’ll demonstrate how you can design visually rich conversations, feel at home with the operating system by designing for the new compact Siri UI, and provide an overview of all the ways we’ve made it even easier for people to organize and set up actions from your apps.
One of the big updates for Shortcuts in six new trigger types and 13 new triggers that can run automatically without asking for user permission:
More new features see Shortcuts available on Apple Watch:
As well as Shortcuts folders to stay organized:
Users will also see automation suggestions in the Shortcuts app with iOS 14 and there are even more updates and changes that weren’t detailed in the WWDC talk:
Check out the WWDC talk here along with the recommended resources on developing with the upgraded Shortcuts app and latest version of SiriKit:
- Add configuration and intelligence to your widgets
- Broaden your reach with Siri Event Suggestions
- Create quick interactions with Shortcuts on watchOS
- Decipher and deal with common Siri errors
- Design for intelligence: Apps, evolved
- Design for intelligence: Discover new opportunities
- Design for intelligence: Make friends with “The System”
- Design for intelligence: Meet people where they are
- Design high quality Siri media interactions
- Empower your intents
- Evaluate and optimize voice interaction for your app
- Expand your SiriKit Media Intents to more platforms
- Feature your actions in the Shortcuts app
- Integrate your app with Wind Down
- Meet WidgetKit
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.