- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Tim Cook threw us for a loop this week when he told us to go buy our moms iPhones as a way to “solve” the problem of iMessage not supporting RCS as a “texting” and “chatting” app. Whatever those terms mean. We get into a spirited debate on that topic, other Apple issues (of course), and a heaping plate of Google as our main course with this edition of the Android Police podcast. Yes, we're glad we're back.
Rate and review and subscribe and thanks! Well, if we had that text in white Helvetica and on a black shirt, it'd be trendy.
02:38 | Apple cores
- The Apple Watch Ultra is the rugged fitness watch Samsung should have made
- As Android wants to get rid of hole-punch cameras, Apple doubles down with Dynamic Island
- Google apps want in on iOS 16's lock screen widgets and we're not at all jealous or anything
17:54 | Google up
- Google could make the 256GB Pixel 7 more widely available than Pixel 6
- Google's next budget Chromecast shouldn't be prohibitively priced, after all
- These wild new Emoji Kitchen thumbs-up combos are pure nightmare fuel
31:25 | Google down
- Google cuts funding to Area 120, kills half of its projects prematurely
- Google is reportedly finished making Pixelbooks
- Google’s record Android EU fine won't be overturned, confirms court
41:39 | Why can't you two just get along?
- Tim Cook would rather sell you an iPhone than bring RCS to iMessage
- The sooner Android accepts RCS is dead, the sooner we can choose the next messaging platform that matters
- The iPhone 14 still can't perform a very simple task
Find the team on Twitter – @journeydan @AraWagco @Will_Sattelberg @PointJules
Reach out to us – firstname.lastname@example.org