If you’re ready to go shopping for home security cameras, Black Friday deals are here at major online retailers. Best Buy and Walmart began listing best Black Friday home security camera deals earlier in the month and rolled out a new selection each week — both retailers now state that all of their online Black Friday deals have been released. Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week started last Friday and the mega-retailer has an extremely wide selection.
Wise to the fact that shoppers might hold off on purchases to wait for lower prices because Black Friday started earlier than usual, Best Buy, Walmart, and others have introduced special price protection programs for designated Black Friday deals. The details differ, but the basic idea from those retailers is if you buy a Black Friday designated deal now and the retailer drops the price on or before Black Friday, you can get a refund for the difference. So, there’s no reason to hold off if you find a home security camera at a great price. If you’re shopping for other smart devices, we also found the best Black Friday smart home deals.
Best Black Friday home security camera deals
- Blink Mini Compact Indoor Smart Security Camera — $25, was $35
- Ring Stick Up Cam — $80, was $100
- eufy Security eufyCam 2C Add-on Camera — $85, was $100
- SOLIOM S60 Outdoor Solar Battery-Powered Security Camera, — $101, was $199
- Soliom S600 Solar-Powered Home Security Camera with Tilt, Pan, and 3x Zoom — $129, was $199
- Ring Spotlight Cam Battery with Echo Show 5 — $160, was $289
- Arlo Ultra 2-Camera Security System — $545, was $600
How to choose a home security camera during Black Friday
The number of home security camera choices have exploded in the past several years, but they’re not all the same. The primary factors to consider in your search for the best outdoor security cameras are where you’ll place it, how you’ll install it, and your budget. Some buyers prefer to buy indoor-only cameras for inside the house and more rugged, weatherproof cameras for use outside. You can choose either type or select an indoor/outdoor camera that can work in either environment.
You may want to set up a security camera scorecard when you start to look at the deals from manufacturers such as Arlo, Blink, EZ-VIZ, Google Nest, Kasa, and more. Factors to consider in addition to indoor or outdoor placement are whether the camera will use wired or battery power, if they use sound or motion detection, whether or not they let you define detection zones, and if they store recorded video clips locally or in the cloud. Many security cameras include two-way audio so you can talk to visitors or warn off intruders. Video quality also matters, of course, but a camera that records 1080p HD is sufficient for most people. Few people need the higher 2K and 4K resolutions available with more expensive cameras. If the video footage is recorded in the cloud, find out if you can view clips for free, and for how long, or if you need to pay a subscription fee. Finally, most home security cameras connect to your home network, and you can see live videos or clips on a mobile app. Many also work with Amazon Echo or Google Assistant smart home systems so you can use voice commands to control the cameras and watch live video on smart home displays.
How much should you spend on a home security camera on Black Friday?
Whether you’re shopping for a single home security camera or an elaborate system, your budget matters, but the first step is to define why and what you want them for. You can buy a single Wi-Fi-connected security camera for $20 to $25 from Wyze, EZ-VIZ, or Blink for indoor use only $50 to $75 for outside applications where water and weather factor in. If you intend to set up comprehensive camera coverage outside with entry-way indoor cameras, all connected to a central station or hub, the price tag will grow to several hundred dollars to several thousand depending on the features and quantity you require and the brand you choose.
Continuous digital video recording capabilities add to the cost and then you need to consider whether to connect and subscribe to a 24-hour security service. If you want a home security camera system that’s fairly simple, totally wire-free cameras that run on rechargeable batteries are the easiest to install, inside or outside — you just have to recharge the batteries as needed, unless you buy a separate solar charger accessory. Especially with Black Friday sales, you reasonably purchase a three- to five-camera setup that is compatible with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice assistants for $200 to $350.
Are any Black Friday home security camera deals too good to be true?
There are already plenty of excellent Black Friday home security camera deals, but all deals aren’t’ equal. Retailers often try to clear their inventories during Black Friday, selling older, slower-moving products as well as the latest and greatest devices. Don’t assume that every Black Friday deal is a wonderful bargain without doing some research. Many retailers also use countdown timers and other devices to encourage buying but don’t take a chance if you’re not sure about the product.
Legitimate deals on security cameras abound during Black Friday and we search for the best deals constantly. Let Digital Trends do the searching for you and check out the highlighted best deals and features of the home security camera above. We do the same type of screening with Black Friday smart home deals.
Where to find the best home security camera sales
- Amazon Black Friday: Amazon has the greatest variety of Black Friday home security camera deals, with a great number of manufacturers, including Arlo, Y!, Zmodo, Kasa, Eufy, Heimvision, and EZ-VIZ. There may be a few additional vendors tomorrow, but there are plenty of excellent deals now. The new Blink Outdoor Wireless cameras are an especially good deal on Amazon.
- Best Buy Black Friday: Best Buy’s Black Friday home security camera deals include a wide range of Arlo models and many other brands including Lorex. Buying now with Best Buy’s Black Friday price protection can save missing out on depleted inventory later.
- Walmart Black Friday: Walmart’s Black Friday home security camera deals include Arlo, Google Nest, and EZ-VIZ single cameras and systems. Like Best Buy, Walmart also price protects Black Friday designated deals.
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and we choose what we cover carefully and independently. The prices, details, and availability of the products and deals in this post may be subject to change at anytime. Be sure to check that they are still in effect before making a purchase.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best outdoor security cameras for 2020
- The best home security cameras for 2020
- Best Black Friday Ring Video Doorbell deals 2020: Doorbell 3 and Doorbell Pro
- The best Black Friday Amazon Echo deals 2020
- Save $250 on this Arlo Pro 3 home security camera system for Black Friday